.

.

Thursday, December 22, 2011

Remembering Rachael's Oranges

I will soon have all of my children here for Christmas and the "busy-ness" has begun. I have all ready gone back to a store to "add" to a gift or buy more groceries or drive aimlessly around trying to find an address or person!
Last Sunday, Rachael Roark brought us a bag of oranges and handed them out to the women in our Relief Society. She said it reminded her of how happy she was to get oranges in her Christmas stocking and to remember simpler times and put our "WANTS" versus "NEEDS" in perspective. (I edited her words - kinda!)
I loved her reminder of gratitude at this time of year. We really do have so much good at this time, in this country - in our lives.
I hope I will remember Rachael's oranges, take a deep breath, savor the people in my life, read Luke in the New Testament and think of that serene night - long ago - with a simple manger, a little baby, a new mother, clean hay, and beautiful stars that gave light to it all.
We love you!
MERRY CHRISTMAS!

No comments: