.

.

Tuesday, September 27, 2011

FORGET NOT....

I enjoyed the Relief Society General Broadcast held on September 24th. I especially enjoyed the talk given by President Uchtdorf on the "FORGET NOTS" of life.
Two points he made hit home with me -
1. "Forget Not" the difference between a good sacrifice and a foolish sacrifice (do you notice they seldom use the word "bad").
2. "Forget Not" to be HAPPY NOW!
As I think about our upcoming Relief Society/Young Women Quarterly Meeting "We're All in This Together" on September 28th, both points apply.
Making time to associate with, help, and foster good feelings amongst women of all ages has to be a good sacrifice. No matter what is going on in our lives on this Wednesday - this just has to be considered something very worthy.
And the second "truth", to BE HAPPY NOW, must be considered as we celebrate and encourage these young women that it will be so fun to grow up and "fill" or fit into our shoes.
WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER as we try to become "Daughters in His Kingdom"!

1 comment:

Karen Bateman said...

THANKS FOR THE PLUG FOR WEDNESDAY - BEAUTIFULLY WRITTEN, I HAVEN'T SEEN AN "AMONGST" SINCE I LEFT ENGLAND!