.

.

Sunday, August 7, 2011

Trials

Just wanted to share some quotes I didn't get to share in my lesson today. I hope you gain as much from them as I did.



Anne Morrow Lindbergh (the wife of famous pilot Charles Lindbergh; their baby was kidnapped) said, “I do not believe that sheer suffering teaches. If suffering alone taught, all the world would be wise, since everyone suffers. To suffering must be added mourning, understanding, patience, love, openness, and the willingness to remain vulnerable.”

 “I know that each one of you faces overwhelming challenges. Sometimes they are so concentrated, so unrelenting, that you may feel they are beyond your capacity to control. Don’t face the world alone. ‘Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.’ … It was intended that life be a challenge, not so that you would fail, but that you might succeed through overcoming.” (Elder Richard G. Scott, 1989)

No comments: