.

.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ch. 40

This Sunday our Relief Society lesson is from Chapter 40, Temple Work and Family History. I love how the Gospel Principles manual gives ideas for how each of us can participate in this work, no matter our personal circumstances. I have a testimony of the joy and peace that comes when we serve in the House of the Lord. When I was a missionary, I had a strong impression that I needed to do some family history work so my mom's ancestors could be baptized. I was able to complete that work a few years later. I remember sitting in the temple and thanking Heavenly Father for each of those ancestors and what special memories I had with some of them. I will never forget my sweet, short, Filipino great-grandpa. A fisherman by trade, he built his house by the seashore in Hawaii. He frequently paid for our plane tickets to be able to visit our extended family on the islands for the summer. He was an example of charity and hard work. The time it took me to get his work done in the temple was a small price to repay his lifetime of kindness.

Come this Sunday to RS and share your testimonies and blessings of the temple.

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

EXCELLENT thoughts!

Karen Bateman said...

I LOVED THE STORY OF YOUR GRANDPA -YOU HAVE A FUN HERITAGE.