.

.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

Greater Capacity for JOY

Ladies-
I am back from a family reunion in San Diego. Our accommodations were right on the beach and it was amazing. The water was almost warm (unusual for California) and the beach were white and clean. The weather was 70 degrees for a high. Perfect.
Then I always think, it takes no character to have joy in San Diego. Anybody not feeling some level for happiness is brain dead.
Yet as I contemplate the temperatures in Dallas for the next week, I see a greater capacity for JOY for all of us here.
Because of this unrelenting heat, when that first September morning comes and the breeze has shifted and we can take a full deep breath - we will know exhilaration few others get to experience.
In the August ENSIGN, President Monson states, "Never let a problem to be solved become more important than a person to be loved."
Staying cool this summer is a problem to be solved. But we have so many people in our environment - in this ward - to be loved.
Anyone can do lots of good when the weather is wonderful. BUT, can we be wonderful when the weather is....summer in Dallas?
I believe my "JOY" depends on it!

No comments: