.

.

Monday, July 18, 2011

Getting to Know You in 10 Questions #6

Emily Thornock




Emily and her family moved into the ward a little over a month ago. They are here for an internship and will be with us till the end of August. Let me tell you, Emily is a cute and a smart cookie. I laughed out loud several times while reading her responses. I know you'll enjoy reading them as much as I did!

1.) What do you like to do in your free time?
Reread books like the Twilight series and Ender's Game, scrapbook, see
the latest new release in the theaters, and eat steak!

2.) What is your favorite ice-cream flavor? Hmmm... three way tie between this root beer float flavored ice cream I got once at Baskin Robbins (and have never found again!), Costco vanilla and Ben and Jerry Cherries Jubilee... oh and the mint brownie ice cream from the BYU creamery. Ok that's four- well math has never been my strong suit.

3.) Would you ever like to go bungee jumping? Yes! I tried to go once when I was younger, but I was too short! Now that I'm a towering 5'1'' I'd go for sure. In fact, I've been trying to get a group to go skydiving for a while. If you're interested, let me know!

4.) What is the first thing you notice about people? That they're almost always taller than I! Well, I like to think that life is too short to be tall. :)

5.) What is the last movie you watched? I plead the fifth. But I swear it was the cleanflix version... probably.

6.) What is the last book you read? The Hunger Games series, and am finishing up the third and final book right now!

7.) What/where is the furthest you have been from home?
India or Australia - I'd need a map to decide where we're calling home. We could choose Dallas (where we're living right now),Philadelphia (where we live while Rob is going to school for his MBA),the SF Bay Area (where I grew up), or NYC (where we lived beforeleaving for school). Whew!

8.) What is a special, strange, or secret talent you have? Special talent: I enjoy singing - especially in the shower and in the
car (with the windows down at the top of my lungs - yes, I'm THAT person)
Strange talent: I can curve my tongue into various shapes.
Secret talent: I can sleep anytime, and anywhere. You may even get the chance to observe this secret talent during high council Sundays.

9.) If you could have any super power, what would it be and why did you
choose that one?
To stop and rewind time. Do you remember that TV series called Out of This World? The main character had those powers and I thought it was
amazing. That, and the main character's father talked to her through a magic cube... and her father's voice was played by Burt Reynolds... which is awesome.

10.) If you could have any job in the world and be amazing at it, what
would it be?
Other than the standard "I wish I could be the best mother in the UNIVERSE!" I would want to be on the International Olympic Committee because I love when the world gets together to celebrate individualswho have dedicated their lives to being the best athletes they can be... Either that, or an heiress - which I'm not even sure IS a job, but tell that to Paris Hilton.

Um I totally love the flash back to the show "Out of This World." I LOVED that show, and now that I know about Burt Reynolds role in the show I am endeared to it even more! Thanks Emily for participating. We are so glad you and your family moved to our ward.

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love learning about Emily - a women with a sense of humor - please stay! (I won't comment on the favorite books - I would start an uprising!!)

barbara said...

I LOVE your favorite books, not too crazy about Burt Reynolds - - he's too much a contemporary to be exciting to me. Probably could match you movie for movie - - we'll have to try it sometime. Cute answers!! Maybe you're next job, after "best mother in the Universe" could be as a writer. Welcome to the best Ward in the Universe!!