.

.

Saturday, June 4, 2011

A Day of Fasting and Prayer

In today's newspaper, I read where our Governor, Rick Perry, asked other state governors to join Texas in a day of "Fasting and Prayer" for our nation.
It makes no difference how we feel about politics, it is easy to be heartened and grateful for ANYONE to see the significance of fasting and praying - especially for this wonderful country.
David and I were pondering on the myriad of things to fast for this month, and as I read the article, I decided that I, too, want to fast for America.
As I read the Book of Mormon, and am reminded of the warnings given to the individuals who populate this land, I often feel helpless in the face of all that is transpiring.
Yet, the Governor of the State of Texas has asked people to do the very thing that will draw upon the powers of Heaven!
June 5th, will be for me, a day of fasting and prayer - for the United States of America.

No comments: