.

.

Monday, May 30, 2011

Alma 31:5

I just wanted to take a minute and thank Jeanne for her lesson yesterday in our combined Relief Society and Priesthood meeting. I took her challenge to read Elder Robbins' Conference talk What Manner of Men and Women Ought Ye to Be? on page 103 of the May 2011 Ensign. Here are some quotes I really liked:
  • "Because be begets do and is the motive behind do, teaching be will improve behavior more effectively than focusing on do will improve behavior."
  • Elder Robbins encourages us to consider "How did faith help you face todays' challenges?"
  • "May your efforts to develop Christlike attributes be successful so that His image may be engraven in your countenance and His attributes manifest in your behavior. Then, when your children or others feel of your love and see your behavior, it will remind them of the Savior and draw them to Him . . ."
As I read this talk, I was able to think of specific examples of women in our ward who are and do as Christ did. You each inspire me to become better--to serve more dilligently in my calling, to offer aid more regularly to those in need, to be more full of faith than of fear, and to be more patient in my trials.

I pray that all of us can continue to strive to be as Christ, and not just do as He did. I add my testimony to Jeanne's and to Elder Robbins' that I know that as we study and apply the scriptures to our lives, we will become more like our Savior.

1 comment:

Jeanne Grant said...

Thank you Ruth - I am so grateful for these words and testimony.