.

.

Friday, April 22, 2011

Redemptive Nature of Life - Easter!

I was sorting dirty clothes to wash and so I was bending and lifting - and then - I felt a wave of gratitude.
Last year at this time I had been recovering from open heart surgery. I had this 8 inch incision down the front of my body and it affected all my movements for months to come. Bending and lifting anything would make me wince in pain and break out into a sweat.
Yet slowly my body began to heal and restore itself in an amazing way. And despite the seriousness of the surgery or the recovery, here I am at 59 years old, bending and lifting just as I had years before.
The Lord has blessed me with a body that would heal - almost on its own! Then the question comes to me, am I taking the time to heal my Spirit that is housed by this body? The healing of my spirit body is my responsibility. The atonement is in place for me, but the healing is not automatic as the cells in my physical body.
I love Easter. I need to be reminded that as much as I need a yearly physical, I need to take a personal "spiritual" physical of how healthy I am as an endowed daughter of God.
Happy Easter! See you all this Sunday.
**Just a note: Our own "Neal Maxwell" Karen Bateman will be speaking this Sunday for Easter!

1 comment:

Karen Bateman said...

TO SAY THAT YOU OVERSTATED THE SUNDAY SPEAKER'S PROWESS - IS A DEFINITE YES! NOW I AM JUST GOING TO BED AND COVER MY HEAD, AND SEE YOU NEXT WEDNESDAY!