.

.

Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Getting to Know You in 10 Questions #2

Laura Nelson



Laura and her husband Cortney are the first people Kyle and I met when we moved into the ward. They have a baby boy named Noah. They are wonderful people, and just celebrated their 2 year anniversary. So if you see them at church congratulate them! Let's learn a little more about Laura.


1.) What do you like to do in your free time?
I love to spend time with my family, read, bake, yoga, long walks, bike rides...and pretty much anything outside and in the sunshine. I also love a good pedicure :)

2.) What is your favorite ice-cream flavor?
Mint chocolate chip

3.) Would you ever like to go bungee jumping?
Not a chance. That doesn't even sound remotely fun to me. I'm terrified of heights.

4.) What is the first thing you notice about people?
I always notice a smile first. I think it can tell a lot about a person's personality

5.) What is the last movie you watched?
Despicable Me - it was so cute. I may or may have not cried at the end.

6.) What is the last book you read?
One Thousand White Women. It was a great read - I'd recommend it to anyone. Also, I'm also almost finished with Saving CeeCee Honeycutt, and it is such a cute book.

7.) What/where is the furthest you have been from home?
Peru - I hiked Macchu Picchu. One of the best trips I've ever been on.

8.) What is a special, strange, or secret talent you have?
I'm a registered yoga instructor, although not that talented at it :)

9.) If you could have any super power, what would it be and why did you choose that one?
If I could have any super power, I would like to be Samantha from Bewitched and with the wiggle of my nose be able to be dressed and ready, clean a room or be anywhere (or not somewhere) in an instant.

10.) If you could have any job in the world and be amazing at it, what would it be?
I'd love to be a travel writer and photographer, and be able to explore the world (all with my family of course :)). Or, be a professional chef/baker with my own show on the Food Network. I'd take either one. :)

Thanks Laura for being willing to participate!

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I am so grateful that Laura has moved into our ward and we can get to know her. Something we have in common - I would NEVER bungee jump - simulated torture to me too!

Ruth said...

What a great picture of Laura & Courtney!
I love these new spotlight posts. It's so much fun getting to know you better. Can't wait for more! Way to go Alissa J.