.

.

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Wear GREEN, and PRAY for Japan!

I grew up with a father (whom I loved very much) that was terminally ill for much of my childhood. At times, he was near death and silly things like remembering to wear green on St. Patrick's Day so one would not get "pinched" did not make much sense to me.
Yet as I have grown up, I have appreciated the perspective these experiences have given me.
I read about the awful crisis in Japan and wonder what I can DO for them. I am so mindful of what it feels like to live "at the edge" of all that used to be a normal life.
There must be balance in this second estate for us. We must have faith, hope, and charity. Those divine attributes remind me that FAITH and HOPE come in the form of looking to the small and simple events (such as St. Patrick's Day) AND having CHARITY for the Japanese(and all who suffer) in my prayers and checkbook.
Balance is learning how to appreciate one without forgetting the other!

No comments: