.

.

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

"cause the heavens to shake"

In preparing for this general conference (April 2&3; 11-1pm/3-5pm both days), I am reminded of the prophecy given to Joseph Smith recorded in Doctrine and Covenants 21:4-6.
"Wherefore, meaning the church, thou shalt give heed unto all his words and commandments which he shall give unto you as he receiveth them, walking in all holiness before me;
For his word ye shall receive, as if from mine own mouth, in all patience and faith.
For by doing these things the gates of hell shall not prevail against you; yea, and the Lord God shall disperse the powers of darkness from before you, AND CAUSE THE HEAVENS TO SHAKE FOR YOUR GOOD, and his name's glory."
What an amazing promise is given to those of us who will listen and give heed to a prophet's words! How I would love to see powers of darkness recede and disperse and what does it mean for the heavens to SHAKE for my good!
I love this gospel.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

I am so excited for conference this weekend. I am always impressed how the living prophet endorses all the talks at the end of Sunday afternoon session. He encourages us to apply something we learned during conference. I am sure President Monson will challenge us to do so again. I add my testimony to Jeanne's that I know Heavenly Father will protect me from Satan's darkness if I listen and heed the prophet's words.