.

.

Monday, February 14, 2011

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!

My first real memory of this day was seeing a HUGE red lace and fabric covered box of candy waiting for my mother (from my father) on our dining room table. She kept the box for years and used it to store letters etc.
Of course as I attended elementary school and made my Valentine's Mailbox or some other corny container to get valentines from my classmates, I started getting a glimpse of what this day could mean. I could remember someone without looking like a "needy" person and I could feel remembered. I kept many of the valentine's day cards for years.
I love this day. It gives me a "focused" way to tell people I love and care about them. So I will. I love and care about all of you in this Dallas 4th Relief Society. It is so true that you learn to LOVE the people you serve. Love is not a passive emotion. It is not something one can "wait" to feel from others. That is freeing to me. I do not have to know how anyone feels - I can LOVE each of you - my very own decision.
AND I have made that decision!

No comments: