.

.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Strength and Power

So much is going on around us as we step gingerly into 2011. I loved the conference talk by Richard G. Scott that reminds me "The Strength and Power We Need" in stressful times - IS FOUND IN OUR TEMPLE.
I am preparing my day (I have to mentally decide and forge ahead on the days I decide to attend the temple - so much gets in my way!!) so that I can attend the temple this evening with our ward. I feel so blessed to be so close to this House of Learning, Service, and Refuge.
It is only eleven days into a new year and I am all ready feeling a deep need for the "strength and power" to make the most of 2011.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

from Holley Rock -- Since becoming a homeowner and accepting the challenge to create a beautiful landscape on the blank green canvas of a backyard, I have learned that FASTING AND PRAYER are absolutely essential before beginning several hours of yardwork. Our bodies simply CANNOT produce lots of physical energy and digest food at the same time. We will either faint or throw-up. An added blessing to my FASTING AND PRAYER before landscaping has been God's guidance on how to design the planting beds and where to set the plants along with added energy to keep going until sunset. HIS designs are so much better than mine. So this is how I begin each weekend adventure in landscaping the backyard and drawing closer to my creator. I testify of this in Jesus' name, Amen.