.

.

Monday, July 12, 2010

Ripple Affects

This morning, I am studying the lesson for this coming week -Gospel Principles #13, The Priesthood - and have come away with profound gratitude for the ripple affects of the priesthood in my life.
One of the many ripples is my calling to serve in the Relief Society with all of you. I get to work with Bishop Johnson, Joel Adair, and James Monroe who are men of God. I am able to rub shoulders with Ruth Guerreiro, Karen Bateman, Joyce Hall, and Natalie Marstella - these are women I admire and love and as members of this presidency they work so diligently in so many different capacities. I work with Laurie Johnson on visiting teaching and marvel at her sparks of insight that keep this endeavor flowing forward. Then the ripple goes on to compassionate service efforts and quick response to those in need and the willingness of so many to take assignments at a moment's notice such as teaching a class or helping someone move. And, the Enrichment committee and Interest Group leaders and all they do the "feed" the talents and needs of this multi-faceted group of women. The list really goes on and on to all the sisters who participate - and most all the active sisters in this ward participate!!!
We, as a Relief Society, are organized by and function through the keys of the priesthood. I have so many reasons to feel blessed by the powers of the restored priesthood but - surely - near the top of my list - is the privilege I have to know and work and share my time on this earth - WITH ALL OF YOU!
So, the greatest ripple affect of all, is my growing love and admiration for each sister in this Relief Society. And I bear testimony that this blessing is through the power of the priesthood.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

As I was visit teaching my dear assignee, we talked about her youngest son's defiant attitude about his acne. I had acne as a teenager and had to take a positive approach to ending it-- an ultimatum from both my doctor and parents. That meant keeping my hair off my face at ALL times plus washing and medicating my face 2 to 3 times a day. Her son won't listen to either his parents or the Bishop. Does he want to be an ugly pock-marked person the rest of his life? HENCE, my suggestion to have either Bryan Herzog or Shirlee Chaillet (or both) present a young people FIRESIDE talk about acne causes and the successful resolution, and how this might relate to the gospel. Bro Herzog presented such a GREAT fireside at a passed conference about fat and muscle tissue with demo models.

How do you stop a young person from running amuck? Thanks for listening. -- Holley Rock