.

.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

It's Personal

As I read through the lesson for this Sunday (Elder Holland's Conference talk "Place No More for the Enemy of My Soul"--click here to read it), I was struck by the phrase "personal actions" when Elder Holland introduced 5 things we can each do to keep ourselves pure. PERSONAL ACTIONS means that it's up to me. I'm the only one who has control over my actions, my thoughts, and my attitude.

In my job, I do a lot of counseling for people who have to live with unpleasant realities. Unfortunately, some of their life circumstances won't ever change. But I do believe that each individual can improve their own actions and reactions to have a happier, healthier life. Changing our behaviors and thoughts takes self-discipline. But Heavenly Father doesn't expect us to do it alone. We have our Savior who knows us individually and loves us for who we are and who we can become.

As we prepare for our RS lesson this week, I pray that we can each recognize which personal actions we could change in order to draw even closer to the Savior.

3 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love you Ruth!

Bonnie said...

So you are basically saying that maybe it is hot, and I can not control the weather, but I should take responsibility for my cranky mood. Good idea.

Kim Adair said...

I think Bonnie is so COOL! AND...Great thoughts, Ruth!