.

.

Monday, June 7, 2010

GOD BLESS AMERICA

Yesterday, when I came home from Church, it was so hot, that I parked my car under a big tree to keep it cool. Overnight, I discovered that the birds in that tree had not been "kind" to my car. This afternoon when the summer sun was behind a cloud, I decided to go out and wash off the car. As I was working, a huge old plane from World War Two flew over my head coming from Addison Airport. It was so loud, it seems that the air was vibrating as it flew over. I thought how frightening it would have been to live in Europe during World War Two and experience the sky filled with those planes on a daily basis.

What a blessing to live in America - to enjoy her bounty, and to have men willing to give up their lives to fight for our freedom. We should be so grateful to the veterans who served, and to those who paid the ultimate price in defense of this land.

We have a chance to give a little thank you to the Veterans Hospital of Dallas. We are collecting used books, magazine, CD's and DVD's to donate to the hospital. Just bring it to church any Sunday through July 4th.

2 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

And "God bless Karen Bateman"! Thanks for all you do and say and write.

Julia said...

I too saw that plane and thought how noisy it was. But, it was also wonderful to think how far we have come n the world of technology. We are constantly being blessed with new and better ways to accomplish His good and His will. I am forever grateful for the gospel that rem,inds me of this.
Julia Smith