.

.

Friday, April 16, 2010

Time to Receive

I love a quote from an April 2003 conference talk given by Joseph B. Wirthlin. He gives great instruction on the gift of the Holy Ghost. He speaks of being concerned with how fast paced and busy this life (even in the church) can appear. He then states "being busy is not necessarily being spiritual."
Recovering from open heart surgery has required me to slow way down. I realize now that I was very busy and many of the things I did were constructive in nature. BUT, I do not know if I put a high enough priority on receiving personal revelation as I went about my days or weeks.
This Sunday, we have the lesson in Gospel Principles #7, "The Holy Ghost" to read and contemplate. We have our visiting teaching message in the April Ensign, "Seeking and Receiving Personal Revelation" to study and share. The Lord seems to be pleading with us to take time to ponder and consider His ways and His will for us.
I hope this weekend is not too full of activity or that we are too busy to feel that connection with the Holy Ghost and feel refreshed by personal revelation.
With all of the going and giving - I think it is time to receive!

No comments: