.

.

Monday, April 5, 2010

Favorite part of Conference?

i thought it would be fun for everyone to write about what their favorite part of conference was. whether it be a specific talk, song, family tradition, etc.

my favorite part was saturday morning when President Monson was talking about his wife. i love when prophets talk about their wives and give personal stories. it makes them more "real" to me and helps me remember that they too are regular people who went through the same experiences we do. i thought it was funny that he joined the navy because she thought he would look better in a navy uniform than the army.

i also really enjoyed President Uchtdorfs talk on accepting others members regardless of their appearance or the way they do things. i am guilty of judging others too often and it was a good reminder that we are still children of God and we need to see them and appreciate their uniqueness the way Our Heavenly Father would.

now please post a comment to share your favorites....

5 comments:

Jeanne Grant said...

I love this game and I used to play it with my children! (they didn't like it as much as I did) Anyway, I loved the emphasis put on parenting and families. I enjoyed Elder Hales talk with the refrain he used -"Mother, Father, are you there!"
I have never seen a time of more distraction and a greater need for parents; grandparents;family to remain vigilant and focused on true principles and values.

Brittany Dean said...

my favorite part about conference was Sunday morning sessions. There was so many great talks. But I like the one the most adn I can't remeber who said it but, who talked about the kid, who was 11 years old and was in the hosptial and how the kid's father told him never to give up on his testiomoy and how he said" never". I also like how that family share his older brother's mission call in the hosptial with him. What a great experince that is to share that with him. That young boy's testiomny reminded me that we can all be strong and of a good courage even when times are bad and still have a postive attidude.
~Brittany Dean

Ruth said...

I'm not sure I have a favorite part of conference. A couple things stood out to me though. First, I kept hearing the message to stop complaining about my hardships. And second, that I need to work on being more Christlike. I guess that's the same message we always get. But this conference seemed to be telling me to lose myself in His service.

Thanks Diana for posting this game! I hope more people leave comments.

Karen Bateman said...

I loved the talk by Pres Uchtdorf's about the statue of Christ that had the hands broken during World War II. When my family lived in England, we visited the small town and saw that Statue - I truly believe that if we have the Spirit of Christ with us, and are obedient and do His will and serve His children, we can be "His Hands" today.

barbara said...

My favorite thing about Conference is that I get to listen to it in my very own home just like I did when I was a child and we had Conference on in every room of the house. It seemed to me there was a huge emphasis on family responsibilities from parents, children and grandparent points of view. I, too, enjoyed President Monson's comments (ad lib) about his wife. I would like to know more about her. What a calling that would be - - wife of a Prophet. It was a great Conference and I can't wait to get my DVD's so I can watch it again.