.

.

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Goodbye Mrs. Claus!

My children always think of Joyce Lund as Mrs. Claus. Joyce, along with her husband Gordon who was Santa Claus, came to our home every year on Christmas Eve. They had this large loud bell that they would start ringing as they came up the walk to our home and the children would always "freak" knowing who was on the way.
We mourn the passing of Joyce Lund. She died on Monday, January 11th, at about 11:00AM. She was failing in health for many months. She has lived in this ward for more than 30 years.
Her funeral arrangements are as follows:
The viewing will be Friday (1/15/2010) evening at Restland - 7PM.
The funeral will be on Saturday morning (1/16/2010), Meandering Way Building - 11AM.
We will miss this fun, unique, colorful personality!

2 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love Joyce! I will miss her. My kids also think of her as Mrs. Claus. I feel grateful that she was in our ward for all of these years. After I lost some weight she never failed to mention it every time I saw her for a good 5 years. She was a gem.

Anonymous said...

One day when I came to church a bit early she was sitting in her pew talking as I walked in. She stopped in mid sentence, stared hard at me (you all know the look) and said, "You look like a movie star!" I attributed this comment to her failing eyesight, but it made me feel great all day, and I still laugh when I think about it.

I remember hearing that she and her husband would fly to see their kids/grandkids dressed as Santa & Mrs. Claus. They had so much fun with the children and people along the way. She was a neat lady.